Hoarding Disorder Awareness Week
October 24th to October 29th, 2016
Governor Inslee has declared this week to be Hoarding Disorder Awareness Week in Washington State! The mission of The Hoarding Project is to promote awareness and accurate understanding of hoarding disorder. One way this is accomplished is through Hoarding Awareness Week. The King & Pierce Counties Hoarding Task Force has developed a variety of events to promote hoarding awareness.
Hoarding Disorder Awareness Week Events
Friday, October 28th, 2016
8:45am-4:30pm: 3rd Annual All-Day Hoarding Conference
Location: Tukwila Community Center, 12424 – 42nd Ave South, Tukwila, WA 98168
Join us for our 3rd Annual Hoarding Conference! This year we will be featuring a variety of different speakers/presenters on hoarding-related topics in our local communities! Join us for this day-long event!
Presentation Topics Will Include:
- Assessment, Screening, and Diagnosis of Hoarding Disorder for Mental Health Professionals
- Implementation of Eviction Diversion Programs in Housing Properties
- Health Concerns and Hoarding: Rodents, Insects, and Biohazards
- Animal hoarding
- Organizational Skills Instruction
- Hoarding and Brain Differences
- Trauma-Informed Response to Hoarding Cleanouts
And much more!
Registration includes access to all workshops, keynote presentations, resource fair, and lunch!
6 CE Units will be offered for day-long attendance!
- coming soon